Monday 27 June 2016

An insight into life between both wars

Mean Times


I was asked to review this by Librarything.com.

I loved this book about a working class family during the two world wars. This was both sad and humorous throughout the story.  People had Victorian values and sometimes reading this you wonder why but looking on is a different matter – this was a different time. There was a community which does not really exist today – we run our lives in a different way. it is gritty at times also.


I was brought up in the sixties and seventies in Scotland and listened to what people endured and the happy times of this period – as I said this was a different time. I found it fascinating. There are a lot of readers out there who will also find this fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment