Tuesday 17 October 2017

Another great book by the king of twists

Fault Line

I have just got round to reviewing this book- what can I say Robert Goddard pulls it out of the bag every time.

I ensure for every holiday I have a Robert Goddard with me.

He is the king of twists, turns and intrigue.

This book I read in a day you cannot put his books down. Jonathan Kellaway,  has what he thinks is his farewell chat with his boss and then to go to retirement after serving his long career with a multi-national company. But there is just one think to do  is to source some missing documents to enable a doctor of  historian who for some reason is writing the company history.

As ever never straight forward taking him from Cornwall to Italy, storyline jumps back and forward through a timeline between the late 1960s, 1984, and 2010.

He has to confront lost loves, relationship with the wren family, murders- questions and answers later in the story, just when the reader thinks they are making headway another twist is thrown into the mix. The author gives the reader as much information and sometimes a little more - the reader needs to have a good memory and this is drip fed.

The ending - the reader and the main character are left with questions and for the reader to make their own mind up.

I can never wait for the next book.



No comments:

Post a Comment