Sunday 31 December 2017

A beutiful story of being old and young

Three Things About Elsie by Joanna  Cannon

I was asked to review this by Lovereading.com

I had not come across this author but so glad I was asked to review.

A remarkable story- thought provoking and emotional too - It’s about getting old, being young and what we do with our lives.

Florence is lying on the floor in her sheltered accommodation she muses over her life- a new resident has arrived is this someone she thought had died over 60 years ago. Her friend Elsie then helps her to remember the past and a secret Florence has kept to herself.

The author writes beautifully and the reader will be drawn to the characters who are real and interesting.

I often wonder when I am older what I will muse over - I have to admit to a few tears a long the way.

Beautiful and I could not put this down totally devoured to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment