Friday 27 July 2018

Life changing

The 28 Day Alcohol-Free Challenge by Andy Ramage

I was asked to review by Nudge

firstly to say some of the reviews are a bot unfair, no the book does not go into the medical effects of drinking but we all know that cirrhosis of the liver, cancers etc can result in prolonged and a high intake of alcohol. What is more worrying is that drinking is the norm and on summers days this is blatantly obvious to children too who grow up thinking it is ok to drink to excess.


Right to the book - it set out well and the yellow pages really stand out, and I agree with the authors drinking even in moderation ( I am now not really sure what moderation is) does make you tired, grumpy, your annoying colleagues just get even more annoying and lately with stress at work I drink to help me sleep, which often has the opposite effect.

it is all about looking ay yourself and looking to other motivations, looking after your body we only get one. What I really like was the reference to Steve Peters book The Chimp Paradox, I am currently watching the Tour De France and fascinated by Team Sky.


there are interesting personal stories which the reader can relate to, loved the mocktails and resources are helpful

it is all about mindset, and will I be trying this? - yes when my new job starts in August even if it help me move to a different mindset. It doesn't have to start with a "dry" January it can start anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment