Tuesday 18 February 2020

Recommended

Keep It Together: philosophy for everyday emergencies

I was asked to review this book by Nudge Books.

At the time of Storm Dennis I read this book in an afternoon. I have studied philosophy but just one aspect in relation to health care so I found this an easy introduction to philosophers and relates this to our everyday life which makes this a enjoyable and light read.

The author has made me think about everyday life in a new way  and also solutions to problems have been there since time began.

I particularly liked the digital world and being controlled by mobile phones - I have picked mine up numerous times writing this - so what does this say about modern culture today? are we bettering ourselves by being informed - no today as the floods are rife this just irritates and annoys me as I am being informed by the media frenzy- so trying not to be informed at present.

This is a thought provoking book and brings up more questions than answers - but certainly put a perspective on life.

Recommended read.

No comments:

Post a Comment