Friday 13 January 2017

A good read - the reader will not be able to put down

The Mercy of the Tide

I was asked to review this book by Librarything.com 

The cover intrigued me to start with. This is about loss and love. The characters are real and flawed so this adds to the story. It is unusual but in a good way and to be honest I was gripped from the beginning set in a coastal town during the cold war. four characters, a body is found. As the story unfolds we see the characters lives unfold too -warts and all. 

The authors descriptions took me to this place I was immersed.

This is dark with some supernatural thrown in to the pot. although it appears not to be cheerful it gives an insight to all of us, we have all been tainted by loss at some point in out lives. 

There are twists which take the reader by surprise I could hear myself saying did not see that coming.

Good novel by an author to look out for 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment