Monday 19 November 2018

Poppy Denby the new Miss Marple

The Cairo Brief
I was asked to review this book by Lovereading.

This popped through my letter box on Friday and by this afternoon I had snuggled down in my arm chair and read this interesting mystery.

This is book 4 of the Poppy Denby books, and can be read as a standalone story.

Set in the 20s Poppy is a journalist gets caught up a masks curse, then there is a murder. This is Agatha Christie written in a modern age set in the 20s.

Well researched and as a fan of the British museum and Egyptology this was right up my street. Who owns these artefacts made me think of today and the Elgin collection -the same issues today.

The roaring twenties, country estate setting atmospheric and the reader is transported back to a different age.

Recommended with an excellent plot which keeps the reader hanging on till the end - a thoroughly good read.


No comments:

Post a Comment