Thursday 23 May 2019

Very Frank

pposLet Me Be Frank
I was asked to review this book by Nudge books.

My recollections of Frank was in dreadful game shows late 70s and early 80s and all I could remember was the laugh - was this really what this sports personality was all about - so I was pleased to read this book.

Mental health has been given permission by the Royals and other famous people and Frank is extremely Frank about his mental illness which affected his career and loved ones. This is a so personal account of someone who suffers from bipolar disorder.

Frank suffered from retirement of his sport and struggling with the present and the great times he had in the ring. I suppose it is the latter Frank I saw when I was younger in those dreadful shows and thinking what a waste all he seemed to be able to do was be on these shows or be in pantomime.

this is incredibly emotional and it gives a whole new perspective on this man, it is no holds barred and the good thing is despite many sectioning he appears to be on the road to recovery, managing the illness and I wish him well.

this is an insightful book warts and all and I am so glad I now have a very different perspective on Frank.

Thank you to Nudge and the publishers of Mirror books that I was allowed to review this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment