Tuesday 9 February 2016

I was asked to review this book by Lovereading.co.uk. As I had previously read Our Vinnie by the same author and lived in West Yorkshire I was keen to read this.

 This book is due for publication on the 11th February so not long to wait.

For me the title was a bit scary “family is not always a place of safety” and was a little unsure of the cover.

Shaw does not let you down- writing as she does her gritty way about the Hudson family in Bradford in the 60s. You have to remember this was a long time ago and things were so different, not always a nostalgic time.

The characters are well written some you warm to some you are so glad you will never know or like. At the same time you cannot put the book down.


I thoroughly recommend you read the novels by Julie Shaw.

Blood Ties (Tales of the Notorious Hudson Family, Book 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment