Wednesday 25 May 2016

The Pier Falls Mark Haddon



I was asked to review this from Facebook Good housekeeping Reading Room that I am a member of. 

This is a varied collection of short stories and to be enjoyed a bit at a time. I devoured these in the garden one very hot Sunday with a jug of Pimms. I enjoyed each different short story with a different genre which ranged from sci fi, suspense and a whole lot more.

To go from successful novel writing to short stories is a feat in itself. There is a great deal of predictable stories out there and this for me was a joy and will encourage me to read more short stories in the future.

The title of the book – the pier falls for me was a very powerful story it leaves nothing to the imagination and the author has captured the event so well – I will not spoil this for readers out there.

The author writes his characters well with real life situations- he packs quite a punch with these stories.


A well recommended collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment