Monday 17 September 2018

Inspirational



Downhill From Here: Running From John O'Groats to Land's EndI was asked to review this by Nudge

Sport has come into our lives more and more three brits have won great cycling races, we love the London 2012 Olympics and for me more so the Paralympics. Gavin asked the question what would an ordinary runner achieve - and just what did he achieve - a run from John O'Groats to Land's End- the sort of challenge that you see on Sports Relief - and at the start the viewer thinks no, and at the start of this story the reader may say no this cannot be achieved.

Not only was I there in paper form rooting for him, and feeling like I was on this endurance too, but I like the guy a lot too.

The reader goes on the journey too, it was never going to be easy, there would be a lot of pain a long the way, you learn about Gavin the person, Scottish living in London, the author diaries this and there is part travelogue too - which makes this interesting a long the way. We all go through times when we need to discover yourself and this is all part of Gavin's journey. This is an extremely honest account.

I was so rooting for Gavin and found myself getting excited as he nears the end and finally fulfils this challenge.

Although some reviewers state this is great for runners, I would say anyone interested in sport and the reader will learn so much about this challenge and may spur them on to fulfil a challenge of their own be it sport or not.

Well worth the read, thank you to Nudge for letting me review and thank  you to the publishers Sandstone Press for sending this for me to read.

Just found out this is being made into a film also.

No comments:

Post a Comment